If necessary, a lottery will be held at the end of the Open Enrollment Period. The lottery will be conducted in a public forum at the Early Career Academy campus.
- Lottery numbers from the completed applications will be printed on a blank card. All cards will be the same color, size, and weight.
- Applicants will be provided the lottery number prior to the date of the lottery; however, the lottery numbers will be made available, upon request, to any applicant immediately prior to the lottery drawing.
- At the commencement of the lottery, all lottery cards will be placed in a suitable container for the drawing and lottery procedures will be reviewed.
- Lottery cards will be drawn by a neutral party.
- As each card is drawn, the applicant's number will be posted until all seats are filled. These numbers will be used to create the Master-School Roster.
- All remaining numbers drawn will be posted as on the wait list. The waiting list will be developed based on the order of these numbers drawn. Students on the waiting list will be offered placement as openings occur.
Waiting List Policy
Applications received after the end of the open enrollment period will be added to the wait list in the order they are received. Applications of siblings of any current Early Career Academy students or children of Early Career Academy staff will be added to the wait list in the order they are received if not submitted during the open enrollment period.
|Early Career Academy Enrollment Timeline for 2015-16 School Year|
|January 2015||Open Enrollment Period Begins|
|March 31, 2015||Open Enrollment Period Ends|
|April 12, 2015||Lottery - if needed|
|April - July 2015||Completion of Enrollments|
|August 14, 2015||New Student Orientation|
|August 17, 2015||Proposed First Day of School|
View important dates and events throughout the school year.
View program tracks, course offerings and additional details on the academic offerings at ECA.Learn More!
View bio(s) and find out more about the leadership at the Early Career Academy.Learn More!